BlueFin Tuna!!

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:20 am

Is it just me or are the rest of you in complete shock at the size of that super fish, namely the 565lb Tuna. Tuna Hunter you will have to give us more than just a picture, elaborate so we can all get out our 12/20 class rods for one of these beauties :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:29 am

Ah sure Brian works on one of the pelagic trawlers, bluefin are a regular bycatch in their trawls!!! Only jokin Brian, fine fish...jammy b****rd!!

Pete

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:41 pm

Pete,
One of those Tuna would make a fine bit of bait for your proposed Porbeagle shark hunt!!! Could be a plan, catch a couple of bluefin for bait and then onto the serious shark fishing!!!!!! If only!!!
Paul

Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:26 am

does anyone know an accurate report on the tuna fishing around donegal from the season just past?
i heard it was only adrian molloy got amongst them last year?

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:16 am

BigPhil wrote:does anyone know an accurate report on the tuna fishing around donegal from the season just past?

Try [url]http://www.tunacharters.ie/[/url] for more info, but I think even Adrian failed to catch and release one this last season.

This site usually has a good report on it [url]http://www.rosguill.com/[/url] but sadly it seems to be missing at present [keep on trying]NOW WORKING AGAIN!!!!

Colin
Last edited by Accony on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:32 am

BigPhil wrote:does anyone know an accurate report on the tuna fishing around donegal from the season just past?

No tuna landed anywhere in Ireland last year. There was a few hooked but got off again. Hopefully this coming season there will be a few more about. Check out http://www.tunacharters.ie/.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:48 pm

http://www.b4.ie/rosguill/tunanews/tunanews.php

working now with full reports.

Mega photos on the site. were plenty of tuna but hooking them was the problem this year.

roll on next september.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:18 am

yeah, had a chat with micheal mcveigh there today at the show, he said that there were plenty of tuna about last year alright but they werent that interested in the big plastic squid for some reason unknown to him.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:56 am

Start Towing Mackeral live baits?

Don't the Tropical Game Fishermen use Rainbow running and the like to the same effect? :?

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:41 am

Live mackerel didn't work for them K2 over the past three years. It was suggested that because there were so many boats fishing them from Downings last year that it spooked the fish a bit and made it difficult to get a response. Other thing I heard mentioned was that the sauri baitfish were very very small and that the tuna were keyed into them and ignored the conventional squid bars. Must have been an incredibly frustrating year for the charter boat men. Half a tuna on a tubi boom Paul, sort out any porgies!

Pete

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:40 pm

just cant see them starting to tow bars of rapala j13s for them all the same!! :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm

According to my new bag of American 'Gulp' sandeels - 'These will outfish any other bait you have ever tried' - bound to catch a tuna on these then....... Any body wants one let me know! (Scientifically proven as well so must be true!!!)
PB

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:48 pm

yeah the same way its scientifically proven they release scent 400 times better than any other bait!!!! :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:11 am

No Phi,l 400 times more scent than any other PLASTIC bait - ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:05 pm

sorry!!!.....wrong glasses on there!!! still not sure id believe it though!! :? but hey, im no scientist! :wink:

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:48 pm

yer more than any other plastic bait :D surprised they thought they could get away with that 1...Scientifically proven to empty your pockets and smells more than an lump of plastic thats not in the shape of a crab!

:D

What about fish 'n' strips....maybe they are not plastic come to think of it..