Specimen Fish Report 2005

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:50 pm

The 2005 report is available on-line to download at:

http://www.irish-trophy-fish.com/reports/index.htm

Contact for a hard copy is here:

http://www.cfb.ie/pr/isfc06.htm

Jim.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Had a quick look at it. The south coast seems to have been the best place for a chance of a specimen.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:54 am

doesnt surprise me!! the fishing seems to be great down there!
having said that there are perhaps more guys on the south coast also dedicated more to targeting specimens as im sure in different areas around the coast they are readily available in different species for those prepared to put in the time and effort specifically to target them.?

Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 am

Thanks for the intersting link Jim.

I wonder wonder how many more specimens are caught than are submitted ? Many, many more I suspect.

If I caught a record fish, I would not submit it - for various reasons.

So, perhaps a number of 'records' have been broken and only a few are aware of such.

The specimen listing is of particular interest and value when looking at the details of baits / lures.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 am

Yes just what's needed at this time of year! Some nice heafty fish coming in from your boat Jim, and Rob that Coalfish is a cracking photo, some monster Coalfish about, feel a trip to Kinsale coming later this year eh Col,
Sean,

Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:57 am

I see R.Surgeoner and KissmyWrasse are in the rockling listing......

SURPRISE! :shock:
not

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:02 am

Cheers Sean, Have to really thank the lads for that one in fairness, if I had have been on my own boat I would not have got them. Shadding is an art form, when you get it bang on nothing seems to outfish them, but slightly off and you will blank.

Jim and Sean were kind enough to lend a helping hand on how it is done, they seem to have a little bit of knowledge in that area I think :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would say there are a lot of specimens not cliamed but I think I will claim them from now on, HOWEVER I do have my limits I would not kill a tope taken off the boat for the glory and a handful of other species such as Bass etc. Rather see those fish go back.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi Robert
Would agree with you on tope etc, but bass looks best in the pan