Best wAy to get boat off trailor on land

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Well lads was out today and my keel band at front totally came away and was letting water in so returned to slip,just wondeing whats the best way to get her off trailor in the garden so can i prop it up on axle stands i spose and few planks of 4x2? Boat in question is longliner

Cheers

Re: Best wAy to get boat off trailor on land

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

bales of hay or tyres underneath,eddie...a little tip,when putting boat back on trailer,leave jeep or car in neutral,a lot easier to get back on....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Good pic there Ed.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Looks good pic better try get few tires so pics say a thousand words,spose can inspect the trailor while its off,im just afraid of it tipping on its side while on tirs no??

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:16 pm

the tyres are on both sides damian not just along the keel so is shouldnt tip over.
you could also keep it propped with timbers up under the fender strip on the longliner :wink:

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:05 pm

tyres on both sides,and support at transom,very easy too do,jim have a full set of pics,takeing it off and putting it on trailer,just a pain to resize all,eddie.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 am

Cheers for replies lads will give it a bash sure