slips in wexford

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm

lads plannin on trip to wexford with boat soon stayin in enniscorthy,can anybody reccomend a few slips in wexford and the times they can be used please,i know cahore and courtown and id say wexford town but un sure if they can be used at all stages of tide

cheers

Re: slips in wexford

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 pm

The slip in Wexford town is being worked on at the moment, so don't rely on it. Depending on the size of the boat, there is a small slip on the Castlebridge road, opposite Eily Hospital.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:07 pm

kevin o connor wrote:The slip in Wexford town is being worked on at the moment, so don't rely on it. Depending on the size of the boat, there is a small slip on the Castlebridge road, opposite Eily Hospital.

wouldn't recommend this as you would have to block both sides of the road to reverse into a narrow slipway. Try the boat club in the town as I think they are assisting people with launching due to the other one being out of order.

other than that there is the one at killurin, or rosslare harbour or else kilmore. all these are anytime launch.

if going out from wexford , stay within the bouy markers as the sand banks can be a foot below the water line at low tide even when 2 miles out.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Cheers for reply lads guess wexford town it is bout handiest i suppose

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 pm

for the sake of a half hour of travelling i would be heading to kilmore :wink:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:52 am

St kiernans on the bannow estuary is good on high water for fishing around bag and bun or fethard. Stay well away from fethard slip unless your bringing a crane with you.

What species you targeting.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:52 pm

if you are goin to use the slip in roslare make sure not to go down on low water ,
we launched there last week , tide was about 2/3 of the way out , there was only about 10inch of water if even,
seemly its after filling in with muck.
the slip in the boatclub in wexford needs half tide as its the same with the muck after filling in and i think there charging 25 euro to use it.
killurin is okay all tides but the slip is very steep.
and the one in ferrybank has to have high water,
ur best goin to kilmore, at least ud have a bit of comfort with the slipway.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm

cheers for replys lads looks like wexford town cahore and kilmore are top of list

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:51 pm

it'll be a €15 fee to lauch out of kilmore or €80 for yearly fee BTW. Don't want you getting in trouble with the harbourmaster...:)