price of frozen black lug

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi guys ,
Can anyone tell me whether E4 per pack of 10 is a reasonable price for frozen black lug ( for collection in Co Mayo ) ?
I've had a quick look thru a lot of the 580 or so search results but can't seem to find this info and am running out of time .
Many thanks
nick

black lug

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:46 pm

That's relatiovel cheap if they are a decent size, but you can dig them here. PM me if you want a few locations, bit of a trip but the tides are growing again and they would be available if you want to save the money and obviously have a far superior fresh bait...

Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 pm

Paying €7.50 for a wrap of large black lug in Cork. Usually 10/12 in it.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi guys ,
Many thanks for taking the trouble . I'll try some and let you know how I get on .
Cheers Kieran - I will pm you . I wonder if you would have made that generous offer if you knew who I am . Not him again I hear you say . ( I didn't login because no time to read all " posts since last visit " and , of course , they wouldn't show next time ).
Wrong forum I know but someone tells me sea trout + bass + codling ( and flatties & whiting ) in the same session off Inniscrone strand a couple of weeks ago . All on mackerel . Funny that the bloke selling the lug told me that !
All the best
nick

Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:56 pm

any chance someone can deciepher last post is there a secret society here that you have to join to understand messages. personnaly I just use a bit of sweat and go and dig a bucket of lug but I suppose if money is no option one might as well buy it.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:32 pm

geomac wrote:any chance someone can deciepher last post is there a secret society here that you have to join to understand messages.
Yep :wink:

personnaly I just use a bit of sweat and go and dig a bucket of lug but I suppose if money is no option one might as well buy it.

Any chance you might tell me where ? Black ones , mind . :roll: