Small boats meet up?

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:29 am

Hi lads,
There seems to be a few of us small boat owners on the west and north coast, how about we organise a meet in the early spring? Somewhere like Clew Bay or Donegal Bay. I know that its the middle of winter and that spring is a long way away but what do you think?

Pete

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:22 pm

Yep deffo be up for that ..... although im not officially a boat owner until Monday :)

Andy

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:35 pm

hi pete, as you know i wanted to get up to you earlier this year but never made it so yes, id be up for a meet,
cheers steve

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:00 am

Thats 3 of us def, not quite a north atlantic convoy but three or four boats would be good, could explore lot of ground. If weather is settled over the christmas holiday period I'd try and get out.

Pete

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:05 pm

I'd be up for a bit of a mini atlantic convoy action also. Due home from work on December 20th and should be in the area for three months - lots of potential!
Unfortunatly though my boat moored in the swilly and I have no trailer - perhaps we could do a swilly convoy over christmas - already about 4-5 boats in Fahan with links to this forum?
I had some good fishing out over Laurentic with Hogie last February - cracker pollack fishing but boy it was cold!!! Cup a soup at the ready!
Cheers
Paul

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:47 pm

Swilly would be good too, would be brillant if we get this settled weather over christmas.

Pete

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi all

Im not going to get the boat up until 6/7 th of January, been doing a lot of work too her ,and im putting her in the water on the 28th in Belfast for a week, just to make sure everythings running right, long range weather forecast isnt so good for the first few weeks in January :(

Andy

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:32 pm

Andy,
Sounds like a plan to make sure all ok before you bring her this far. I was down at Marina today - bloody boat wouldn't start anyway!!! Will go down tomorrow and take both batteries out and have them checked at the start of the week. Was a bit worried one of them weasn't too good last season.
Was lovely down there today - flat calm.
Have a few wee jobs planned for the boat, new rod holders etc and a wee general tidy up of course.
Pete, if you see this are you up for a wee trial trip next week?
Cheers
Paul

Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi Paul,
I've sent you a pm. Hoping to get out tomorrow, the 27th...if the hangover isn't too bad!

Pete

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:36 pm

Evening Pete,
Happy Christmas as well.
Sent you a txt message. Will plan to get a run out tomorrow then. I have to go get a new battery in the morning so will see if any were open in town first. I'll give you a call when I get battery and can arrange to meet at marina.
Have taken both batteries out, one didn't weant to take a charge at all and in all honesty the second one wasn't to healthy sounding either - will have them both teste3d at one of the tyre and battery places.
Weather looks good too - looking forward to getting a run out. If i don't manage to get a battery in the morning are you off wednesday?
Cheers
Paul

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Now i've finally got my boat up to Swilly , im bustin to get out and do a bit of fishing ... Most weekends are fine except for this Saturday... and could probably be available on a weekday.. pref a Thursday

Paul was saying today about bait.... if anyone needs any brought up ,email me

Andy

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Anyone got a plan? Clewbay or Donegal bay suits me Pete, i also hope to visit the swilly sometime this year,
Steve