chartering a small boat

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:45 pm

Hello all,
Just a few quick questions reguarding chartering a small boat. Firstly somewhere in the Dublin area? how much for how long? Boat size - just big enough for 2 people. Both have absolutely no boat experience. The reason why im stating that both have NO experience in the use of a boat is because ive basically been told by a few people that this is not a problem. Is this true???. Thanks for the help guys.. P.s Please give contacts names and details of anyone who provides such a service. Thanks again. :?

small boat charter

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi,
Not sure who told you that you do not need experiance!!!, small boat fishing requires a lot of knowledge about a number of topics before putting too sea, as i am in the SAR buisness we get too see the results of the inexperianced getting into trouble.
Yes there are companies that do charter small fishing boats out, but as far as i am aware they are in the likes of norway, or where the waters are sheltered etc.
I often go out in the winter in a 6.7mtr boat, when there is a good weather window. If you want to go small boat fishing, this is the way too learn by going with an experainced skipper.so he can show you the problems one can encounter.
I am based near waterford, and would be more than hapy for you to come fishing. We are getting some good cod action, and plenty of ling and pollock etc on the wrecks.
If interested PM me.
Please do not try and go it alone!
regards
screeming reels

Re: chartering a small boat

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:48 pm

Fishfingers wrote:Hello all,
Just a few quick questions reguarding chartering a small boat. Firstly somewhere in the Dublin area? how much for how long? Boat size - just big enough for 2 people. Both have absolutely no boat experience. The reason why im stating that both have NO experience in the use of a boat is because ive basically been told by a few people that this is not a problem. Is this true???. Thanks for the help guys.. P.s Please give contacts names and details of anyone who provides such a service. Thanks again. :?

Hi
yes there is small angling boats here in dublin; but first of all how many are you looking to be on board with you? they start from small boats to large. so please advise on how many?