The PROCAST Boat Competition

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:33 pm

Hi

Conor from http://www.procast-angling.com has generously donated a great selection of soft bodied lures and leadheads for a competition. Having got the kit in front of me, I can tell you it is excellent quality and a worthy addition to the kit box. It was nicely and very safely packaged too.

So, down to the competition.

We want PICTURES of a BOAT caught FISH, and we will select winners every month until Conor tells me to stop! All you have to do is email in your picture explaining when, where and how you caught the fish. All entries will be displayed on the gallery with the winners clearly identified.

This will be run on an honour basis so play fair... no pictures from six years ago of that prize wrasse you landed

The prizes are really excellent, I guarantee you will be well pleased! To get the ball rolling, we've given the first prize to a Dutch sea angler, well, have to help the tourism industry along as best we can eh! Anyone who catches a large conger on a whiting rig deserves a nice prize. Congrats.

Tight lines...

Moderator (aka Dogsbody)
Last edited by kieran on Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winner!

Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:38 pm

January winner is Jim Clohessy for a 28 lb blonde ray, page 3 of the gallery. February entries are a bit thin on the ground, c'mon lads!!!

inspiration

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:08 am

I know the Clohessy brothers are monopolising this competition a bit so by way of inspiration, have a look here...

http://www.daba.eclipse.co.uk/davis_turbot.htm

Now those are what we call flatfish!

:lol: :shock: :lol:

winners

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:36 am

Congratulations to Steve and Conor for winning the May competitions for Procast gear for Shore and Boat, see gallery 4 for details...

winners

Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Congratulations to Peter Duffy for winning the Shore prize for June with a fine 4 lb wrasse from Valentia Island. See gallery page 5.

Congratulations to Ronald Surgenor, whose 6 lb pollack on 5 lb braid was judged the best achievement from a boat in June. See gallery page 4.

Prize Winners for July

Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:44 pm

Congratulations to Luke Scully and Colin Brett for winning the July Competitions from Boat and Shore.

Honourable mentions have to go to Brian Smith for landing a 175 lb skate from Clew Bay and Terry Jackson for a 196 lb skate off Antirm, however Brian said he did not want the prize and Terry's fish was entered too late, so Luke Scully won with the most infamous Tope of 2004!

In the interests of transparency, in regard to the Procast competitions, we will adjudge the best fish per month on the basis of the tackle used, and its weight relative to either the current ISFC record or specimen weight, with allowances made for whether the fish was landed from a boat or the shore. More information on baits, rigs and kit will help.

In the interests of conservation and promoting sea angling as a sport, we will give preference to fish caught, photographed and released. This is not to say that fish taken for the pot will not win, just that if you release it back, it improves your chances...

August competition results

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:18 am

Crikey but it was tough this month!

What was the boat competition like this month! We had Darragh Hughes, a junior with a 15 lb Blonde Ray off Bray, two 20 lb Thornbacks from the Durty Fecker and a few Tope to boot, a rare Cuckoo Ray from Donegal, a near 200 lb Common Skate from Antrim, an Anglerfish, a fine 9 lb Painted Ray taken by John Hughes off Wexford... in the end, there can be only one winner and it had to go to James Guerin with his specimen 24 lb Coalfish hoisted up from the depth off a Cork wreck. Well done James.

Neil Moroney's excellent (shore specimen) Spotted Ray was a desperately close second and Ronald Surgenor's Pollack and M.B3's Bull Wall Bass were tempting options. I think it was the well known fighting qualities of this fish that did it... just. Given Neil has won already this year, in missing the specimen mark by just a few ounces, we finally decided to give the August Shore Competition prize to Brian Cooke for his Smoothhound off a Wicklow beach at night.

Well done everyone and good luck for September - the best month...

end of an era

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:05 pm

Hi all

Sadly the Procast competition has come to an end.
Conor has sold the business, and in wishing him well, I would just like to express my thanks for his support of the competitions throughout the year.

I know many people have found it very enjoyable...

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:15 pm

Best of luck Conor!
I had always hoped I would get a snap of a fish that would win me the monthly prize.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:20 pm

Best of luck Conor!
I had always hoped I would get a snap of a fish that would win me the monthly prize.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:21 pm

Best of luck Conor!

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:38 pm

Best of luck Conor!