Duncannon

Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:33 pm

I will be fishing a charter boat from duncannon next weekend and would appreciate any info on species , bait and traces and techniques for fishing around here.

Duncannon

Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi George

If they bring you out onto the rough ground around the Saltees then try some hookais baited with mackerel. Codling, pouting, ballen wrasse (often to specimen size), mackerel now, coalies and pollack all taken on the drift. Rumours of black bream for several years now so you might venture a long strip of squid on a 1/0 and see what happens - might be a bit early though!

If you are fishing over the sand further inshore, there is plenty of flatfish, the odd bass if you are very lucky, and rays. Some tope, not sure if its the right time for them, rays are mostly thornbacks. Who is the skipper?

FWIW

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:58 pm

if you are goin out to some of the wrecks for drifting dry feathers with a perk or rubber eel on a long trace for pollock. if you are anchoring up fillet of mackerel on a steel trace for ling and congor.

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:58 pm

if you are goin out to some of the wrecks for drifting dry feathers with a perk or rubber eel on a long trace for pollock. if you are anchoring up fillet of mackerel on a steel trace for ling and congor.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:18 am

cheers lads i hope me and george get a few big ones lol :lol: