any reports off waterford

Fri May 27, 2005 4:42 pm

any one any reports out of dunmore or tramore anyone out resently?was only out two or tree times with very poor fishing the first few a bit better the last that was around five weeks ago tho.

Sat May 28, 2005 2:10 pm

hi barry
some good fishing in dungarvan bay fish when weather is fine enough
to got out
managed 9 speics;mullet;bass to 7+lbs;flounder;dabs;coddling wrass
conger;pollock;dogfish
drifting best on ebbing tide in the evening
lug best bait by far
coddling/bass commonest speice
coddling all between 1 /3lbs. on every cast in the evening
got some nice pollock to 4lbs. on floot fished lug around ballacourty
lighthouse +small cooco?ballan wrass.
p.P.S.
Around this time last year started to catch gilt head sea breamin shallow water (3ft) on lug got 17 one evening ever cougnt any around your area? also got mullet that i think were golden grays had yellow patch on gill covers defenatly not thick lipped as i catch them often
also put kilty lure half way allong snool in coloured water out fished oth er rod by 5 to 1?????

Mon May 30, 2005 2:11 pm

never heard of anyone catchn bream around here.all we are geting at the moment is pollock,small coalies,small codling, and wrass.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:20 am

most anglers who bottom fished the cunnigar last year cought them on
lug on filling tide when bass fishing
ruined the bass fishing at times lots of 6 / 10 inch attacked baits like crasy
will i post if istart to catch them this year ?????????
as they were there from mid. june last year.
iwill post pics. as soon as i can
new to computers dont realy know how imanaged to get this far.
how iam i doing????????? would like to post more info.
fish 200+ times ayear
have try ed everything and everwhere around here and have kept a fishing dairy for more than 20 years and uese it predict when/where/how
days before. its very good and iregulary catch/miss bass on every cast for hours would like to help other anglers if i could???????
P.........

Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:54 pm

defenatly do any info is a great help new to boat fishing only bought a boat this time last year.cant help with computers totaly useless.mite try organise a trip down with the boat only ever shore fished down around there.wher is the best place to launch would it b the slip in ring?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:12 pm

barry murphy wrote:defenatly do any info is a great help new to boat fishing only bought a boat this time last year.cant help with computers totaly useless.mite try organise a trip down with the boat only ever shore fished down around there.wher is the best place to launch would it b the slip in ring?

Hi barry
the slip at helvic head can luanch at all stages of tide its
next to life boat station
could head west to mine head very good ground for round fish odd
black bream are sometimes coughtclose in
also very good for blue shark
also the sandy ground about half way between helvic head and the miner
had plaicethere to 6lbs thornie rays to 20+lbs
also lost 3 fish after 20/30 minutes think they were large rays
deep water atback on helvic head good for pollock /wrass
bass present all year close in
pal had 5 bass over 8 lbs one morning last setember on plugs
long finned tuna often cought in salmon nets
have also seen much larger tuna jumping off ballyvoile head
seen fish landed by netsmen that they called russian/black bass????
were around 3/4lbs
hope this is of some help 2u
will post if/when i catch anything unusual
what bait for sunfish see them every year never cought any tho
cought asmall orange/red fish looked like ajon dorey??????
any idea ???

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:03 pm

all reports greatful.will defanetly try for blue shark this year never got a chance last year.there mackerel been cought off tramore not far out.

Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:05 pm

plenty of good fish been taken off dunmore recently wrecks producing the best ling cod and pollack head east for rays and lots of gurnard and wrasse and dabs

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:51 pm

well bazz any more help on the rays (east) would that be in the mouth off the estury or further east off hook or out around three mile rock?only have the boat since around this time last year and tryed tramore bay a few times with no luck,is it all thorn backs?what bait have you found to be best?

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:10 pm

plenty of rays thornies in tramore bay at the moment mackeral flappers about 400 yards east of the slip
other wise if you head up into the mouth of bannow bay there are plenty have even caught them on baited shrimp rigs if you are anchored keep the rod in your hand they tend to take the bait without running and subsequently munch through the line b4 you know they are there if your on the drift you wont have this problem

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:54 pm

hi all, just wondered what kind of fish can be caught off tramore bay and dunmore east, are there any cod about, if so where and what is best to catch them, dezzer...........

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:31 pm

just south of the Hook is producing plenty cod at the moment. Was pulling them 3 at a time for the last week, allot of small ones but a handy few around the 3 to 5lbs. Was out yesterday about 12 miles south of the hook on the drift and picked up 11 spices. Good day out, nearly all returned, just kept a few for the dinner. :P

ray.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:39 pm

that was sounds like a goog day.heading out in the morning hope to try for a few ray proble head in to tramore bay, anyone any reports any where ealse off east waterford,west of wexford would be helpful?