Interline boat rod

Tue May 10, 2005 8:36 pm

Hi all,
I am thinking of buying a new boat rod in the 30-50lb class. i intend spending under £100. I saw an advertisement for an interline rod and was wondering has anyone any experience of using one. what are there advantages - disadvantages. Would it be suitable for use with braid? :?:

Interline

Wed May 11, 2005 9:09 am

Inter line rods have been around for years. They haven't proved very popular though. I have seen them though haven't used one. I would imagine they would have a nice action. The one problem I see is threading braid through the blank without some kind of tool would be difficult.
There are some fine "normal" rods within your budget. If you can get a deal, a tidecutter 20-30 is a super rod. The beastmasters or antares from shimano are great. Look at the shakespeare "uglystick braid" rods they are inexpensive but have lovely action.

Jim.

Wed May 11, 2005 2:51 pm

I have a 7ft daiwa interline trigger grip spinning rod. It's a great wee rod, will handle hefty enough fish (pike to 12lb and sizeable pollock). I would recommend them but, every time you snap off , or at the start of a session, you have to thread the line through the rod. It can be a pain , especially out on a boat when you want to get tackled up quickly.
Like Jim says , there are plenty of other rods about, and I myself use the interline very rarely ( i usually go for the uglistik trigger grip, for handiness sake - no hassle after a snap off - and it's a class wee rod too).

It's personal preferance really - if you want a good rod with a bit of a gimmick - go for the interline surely - but think about fidgety setting up when changing reel, snap offs , losing fish etc . Also , if you lose the metal line threader that you get when you buy it, you are snookered.