Courtmacsherry Trip

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 am

Well after months of planning (by ArthurG) and weeks of praying for good weather, it looks like our trip out with Mark Gannon this weekend is going ahead with decent weather expected.

ArthurG, members of the Swilly S.A.C. a few assorted others, and myself are taking 2 boats out on Saturday & Sunday - hopefully to find a specimen or 2 on the wrecks.

Watch out for the reports next week.

Courtmac

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:47 am

I have been watching the forecast but didn't want to tempt fate. It's certainly looking good for Sunday. How many of ye are travelling?

Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:03 pm

Jim, I think there's about 18-20 travelling. ArthurG got confirmation from Mark yesterday about the weather so here's hoping it lives up to all the advance billing!

Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:06 pm

jgf, this august bank hoilday is my third time down on the boats out of courtmac...and its all i can think about since being there last year....i really hope u get the sport there this weekend as it is truly a magical place for sea anglers....

Courtmacsherry

Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Well, what news from Courtmacsherry?

Courtmac Weekend

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:57 am

Well the weekend ceratinly proved to be eventful! Decent enough fishing but the specimens seemed reluctant to make an appearance.

Saturday was not the best day in the world as far as the weather goes - strong winds gusting to Force 7 at times made for heavy swells and I hate to admit it (especially on this board!) but I spent most of the day without my sea-legs for the first time ever - as did a few others on the boat. However for those with cast-iron constitutions they were rewarded with some good ling to about 16lb and fish of the day went to ArthurG - a conger estimated at about 30lb.

Weather on Sunday was fantastic, the boat headed out to the far wrecks, but again the monsters failed to surface - rather they spent the day toying with us - numerous break-offs losing fish back to the wreck.

I'll leave ArthurG to fill out the gaps, and hopefully get a picture of his conger posted at some stage. To sum up, Mark Gannon runs an excellent operation in Courtmac - extremely knowlegable skippers, great boats and excellent fishing.

Will definitely be headed back there in the near future. A great weekend's craic with the Swilly S.A.C.

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:09 pm

Didn't notice this thread ................. I threw up (words specifically chosen with JGF in mind) a report on the trip over in the boat reports page.

Cheers,

Arthur