ragworm around kilmore

Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:41 am

Hi all
I am visiting Kilmore Quay from the 16th to 25th september for the rosslare small boat festival and was wondering if there was any body who sells ragworm in this area. I have the address of murphys tackle in wexford but they have told me they do not sell them anymore. we are travelling from south wales so keeping our own for that amount of time is impossible.

cheers

Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:21 pm

Try Hayes Cycles on Wexford Main street (South ).
Also across wexford bridge and a mile on take a right down the road to the Wildfowl reserve . About 50 yards down is Dave's tackle.

Ragworm Kilmore

Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:30 pm

Murphy's was selling Rag up to the other week but it's possible that she may now have stopped for the winter. There is another place just before you come into Wexford from the Ballycanew road (R741), before the bridge close to the turn for Katts Strand, not sure if he's still selling rag but I will be down there this week-end and I will check it out for you. Keep posted Sunday or Monday night and I will update here for you.
Damien

Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:04 am

cheers thanks for your replys

p.s. check out my web site and come and join us

ragworm around kilmore

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:16 pm

If you would like to contact the local angling club, you can contact us at kilmoresac@hotmail.com and we will do our best to help you out. Visit our website at http://homepage.eircom.net/~beach/kilmore/kilmore.htm

Ragworm Kilmore

Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:27 pm

All shops in Wexford were without ragworm this week for some reason (said the tides were wrong for digging), anyway if you give "Dave Scanlon @ 00353-53-24037 (053-24037 if ringing from Ireland)" a ring early in this week he might be able to get hold of some for you. He is the chap on the R741 about a mile outside Wexford town across the new bridge, past the car showrooms on the right.
Damien