OK, SMALL BOATING NEED URGENT REPLY

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:14 am

Ok, Need reply within the next hour.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
24mph Westerly, Meaning its offshore....
DO YOU THINK WE'RE MENTAL IF WE TAKE THE BOAT OUT!??

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:26 am

I'd say I'm too late at this stage but I think your taking a big chance going out in that. Just checked some of the weather sites and they are showing waves between 2.5 & 2.9 mts, that's rough going combined with winds @ 24mph. It would not make for enjoyable fishing.
Damien

Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:59 pm

Ta.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:39 pm

are you mad? do you ever listen to the forecast? look up the forecast on teletext? look out of your window? that is not a day to be out in a boat any smaller than the HSS. :!:

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:19 pm

Always, before you go to sea :-http://www.met.ie/forecasts/seaarea.asp

Wind

Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 am

Never go out in more than a force 4 westerly, me. My rule is if its a westerly to force 4 then its OK. If its an esterly then imagine a westerly and add 1 to it. if there is a Northerly mixed in there then that just makes it worse! If there is a North Easterly then forget it! Easterly winds ruin the fishing anyway. Fish don't really feed for whatever reason? Southerlys around Dublin can be OK but it depends where you are going. Tide flows North to South on the way out and South to North on the way in. Wind over tide makes a mess of long distance trips... Horrible coming back from Wicklow in those conditions... :evil:

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:13 pm

Luke,

Interesting that an east wind kills the fishing around Dublin, Apparantly it kills the fishing around Belmullet as well.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:02 pm

And around Clare too !

East

Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:23 pm

As we say in the Republic of Cork: "With the wind from the East the fish bite least"