PIRKING

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Ive done it twice and im catching bigger fish

but the catch rate is a lot slower

ive never been shown im just playing around with it trying to get a feel for if

any tips or suggestions are welcomed

heres one from my grandfather's box
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:59 pm

have used a sink tap with heavy split rings and a treble hook, done the job and easy to replace

KITCHEN SINK

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:04 pm

The theory of some anglers bringing everything but the kitchen sink,

but you bring it along :lol:

what technique did you use

and what species did you catch

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 pm

nothing, it was an experiment as a pennyless teenager, lost it on the first drop, but i will bet it would work.

CONGER

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Ive heard of anglers using something similar when fishing for conger hard on the bottom

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:55 pm

mackerel baited chrome pirks seem to be the preferred choice for the resident congers of cork harbour at least it worked when i used this setup. it can some times sort out the bigger pouting that are caught down in kilmore quay chrome pirk baited with a pair of feather's or the like placed above. i think i should have mentioned good cod/ ling / and pollack as well.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Just wonder.....have any of you guys out there ever try speed jigging in ireland water??Its a kind of modern pirking method developed by japanese angler.proved to be productive in tropical water...just wonder will it catch fish here in cold irish water.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:17 pm

put 2 eddystones (or similar) above the pirk - it's called a 'killer rig' because ....... :?: