Boats in Bulloch Harbour

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:00 am

Hi all,

My nephew is coming over to dublin in a few days and was thinking of takin him fishing in one of the hire boats in bulloch harbour. Never been fishin in a boat before, does anyone have any tips? Have two 6 foot rods plus my beach caster and a broken 12ftr.

Should i use the smaller rods in the boat? Also do ye think we should go after mackerel with feathers or try bait fishing? Also can ye float fish from a boat?

Thanks,
Alan

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 am

no boats for hire in bulloch until the end of the month. smaller rods more suited to boat fishing and yes float fishing from a boat can be quite effective.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 am

cheers john, looks like i'll be bringin him to the rocks around that back of the harbour. Was there yesterday caught a small pollack but yer mman beside me was taking a full braice nearly on every cast. mack/pollack on feathers. Need some bait lol!

mackeral

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm

sorry did you say that mackeral are being caugth in dalkey? if so in what volume

usually this means the animal fishing is well worth while in dublin bay.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:38 pm

they are showing in small numbers towards greystones not many but big uns 8) bass have hit dublin bay to oh the exitement is drivin me bonkers :lol: