Boat Fishing around Galway

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi Guys, Just finished purchasing and equipping my first boat. I am looking for information on marks around Galway Bay and perhaps north west Clare and the Aran Islands. Used to boat fish off the East and South coast some years back but dropped off the scene for a while. Would appreciate any information/tips/hints for this side of the country. Thanks in anticipation.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi Slowarm i was just wondering what type of boat u got as hopefully i will be getting one soon & where did you get it??
Thanks
Danny

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:19 am

Hi Danny, got a Shetland 18' with a 50hp engine. Bought it from a dealer in Cork which I found on ApolloDuck. Bought a 6hp 4 stroke Johnson as a back-up and hope to go on the water on Sunday next. If there's any thing else I can answer for you let me know.

Galway Bay

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:11 am

Slowarm,
Welcome and congrats on getting on the water. You certainly have a good weekend for the maiden voyage!

Member Peter Kinsella fishes Galway Bay regularly. I'm sure when he see's this post he will lend a hand!

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks Jim, I'll look forward to hearing from Peter. I'll be down your part of the country for 2 week at the end of July into August. I'll be based in Ardfield and will have the boat with me. Perhaps I can touch base with you later to find out about marks down that part of the world. I fished Galley Head, the Robber and the Crescent City last year and had a good crop of Pollock.

Galway Bay

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:13 am

If you search the boat angling forum you will find quite a lot of information on boat angling in the bay. Should you require any further info' then do send me a pm.

P