Charter in Dublin..

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:19 pm

Just a note to say (as it has comes up now and again) that we have heard of a new charter operating out of Malahide.
http://www.malahideangling.com

jd

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:12 pm

I fired off an e-mail asking these guys for more details:

A Full Day - 6 Hours (500 Euros)
A Half Day - 3 Hours (300 Euros)
A maximum of 10 people per charter.
An extra 10Euro supplement for the hire of rods and bait .
We leave at 10.00AM every day .
We have caught Pike,Mackrel,Cod,Polok etc,etc.
We use lots of different fishing methods and were open to suggestions .
Complimentary Tea,Coffee and Snacks provided.

Pike ? :? :shock:

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 pm

2Poc wrote:I fired off an e-mail asking these guys for more details:

Yeah! Pike? :?

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:48 pm

2Poc wrote:I fired off an e-mail asking these guys for more details:

I hope they do well :wink:

They are not shy to charge and their full day ain't much longer than a half day!

Put that extra money into travelling to Cork Harbour where you can fish up-to 12 on a boat for a "full day" 10am to 5:30ish and most importantly you will catch fish. Although I must admit the only "Pike" near Cork Harbour hang out in the "Lough" in Cork City or in farmers hay barns :oops:

If we could get a charter boat out on the Lough, Cork City Council would probably clamp it. And if we take it to a farmers barn he may well shoot it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:53 am

Don't knock yourself Jim you, like many other skippers in Cork harbour, have no problem in picking up a crew before 10 o'clock and keeping them out for more than 6 hours for less than €500.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:07 pm

donal domeney wrote:Don't knock yourself Jim you, like many other skippers in Cork harbour, have no problem in picking up a crew before 10 o'clock and keeping them out for more than 6 hours for less than €500.

Hi Donal,

Read my post again that's exactly what I said.

5:30ish could well be after 6ish if fishing is good. I sometimes head out before 9 am to make a day longer especially if I'm going sharking.

The reason we all come in for 5:30 is that the boats may be booked for an evening trip which is usually 6pm or sometimes a little before leaving the pier. We may have to drop the "day shift" in Monkstown and head back to Crosshaven or Cobh to pick up the "evening shift" The boats must also be cleaned between pick-ups so it can be very tight at times.

There is only one boat in Cork Harbour that charges €500 or over and he has no choice really with the cost of his boat and its running costs, but with the size and layout of his boat you have no problem fishing 12 even in a competition from her so it works out fairly evenly priced at times. And even with all his really fancy electronic package even he can't catch that elusive PIKE :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know the boat well :wink:

Jim

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:39 pm

I spoke to this guy last year to arrange a trip out.
1 ITs to much money and 2 he does not have a clue about fishing. He will not take you out very far and PIKE what is the guy smoking.

Colin

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:10 pm

any one used this guy yet? a nice pike would certainadd a little flavour to the species comp