Fish Finders

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Guy's
I am shortly going to the USA for a holiday and the last time I was over I managed to visit a Basspro shop (talk about a selection, I was in heaven) if they had shops like that here in Ireland I would take the wife shopping a lot more often. anyway that's getting away from the subject matter ....
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
where I am going there happens to be similar fishing shops and I was thinking of treating myself to something like a fish finder as they appear to be very good value for money compared to this side of the pond.

I have a 13 foot O'Sullivan which I use for lake and sea fishing it is a open boat no cubby

(and at last I get to the question) :oops:

Can someone give me advise as to which system I should be thinking of buying (vast array available) ...?
I am thinking of something around $200 .....
Some of the systems I was looking at were Humminbird 565, Eagle Fishmark 320 or the Lowrance X96 all advise welcome?????

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:00 am

Have you considered a portable version.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:45 am

if your visting a frend or family try buing it at shipstore.com there probly the best value iv seen but there a mail order only site and geting it sent here is a pain in the ass as they look for alsorts of proof that you are who you say you are

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:35 pm

well I am back and I purchased the Eagle Fishmark 320 portable version (thanks Donal), now I just need the time to get out and give it a go,