boat trailer

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:01 pm

Anyone heard of a dolpfin boat trailer? Are they a good trailer? Thinking of buying one second hand in really good condition, its got a hand brake and is a braked trailer,its also galvinsed with rollers and adj. sliders. How much should i be expecting to pay?(Its to suit a 16 to 18 ft boat)

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Try calling a boat yard and asking if they can advise on price etc. Carrickcraft at Kinnego Marina maybe.

Just when you're on trailers, does anyone know where I'd pick up a security chain for a trailer ? (that's the wee link that stops your boat sailing off into the car behind you if it unhitches itself from the car while being towed)

Safety Chain

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Conor,
The type we use is a chain of about 10 links with a ring attached that goes over the ball of the hitch. I take that's what you're looking for.

You should get one from any agri-dealer who sells trailers. They are inexpensive. They should also have the breakaway cable to activate the handbrake as well.

Jim.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:33 pm

Cheers Jim, I'll be off to B & Q in the morning then - heading for the briney on Sunday !! :D