Backup engine for sale ???

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Anyone have, or know of, a good second-hand longshaft engine for sale ? Preferably 6 or 8 hp. or around that size.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi Coner, sorry no engine for sale but if your boat is a seahog shortie (is it?) a short shaft engine will work ok, i had a hunter (same hull) and a 4hp fitted on the transom next to main engine worked no problem
cheers Steve

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 am

Conor, I dont know if you got sorted out with an auxiliary engine or not but there is a 6 hp evinrude longshaft on Ebay at the moment at €240, its item number 4625091177 and has just over 1 day left on it. Item is in Warrenpoint and is a longshaft. I bought the equivalent evinrude in a 4hp for €250 and it pushes my 17.5 footer along nicely. Might be worth a look, HTH.

Thu May 25, 2006 3:40 pm

hey all, just new to this site and i seen that u were looking for an aux engine. we have a 6hp 2stroke evinrude long shaft, that we dont use. its in perfect condition and it has very little use. im not to sure of the price i will find out, and if you are intrested ill look for a reply. :)

Fri May 26, 2006 12:26 pm

yip, send me a PM with your price. I recently bought a Minn Kota Riptide for use as an Aux, but might keep it for the lakes if I get a good alternative.