Evinrude 4hp

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Gents , i have been given the use of an old Evinrude 4hp motor from 1971. It needed a carb clean and spark plugs and now it runs rough so i'll change out the petrol (i was told it was clean :roll: )
Does anyone have a service manual that they could let me photo copy or send me in a file format to my E-mail or a website where i could down load it??

Re: Evinrude 4hp

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:24 am

Bump.................anyone??????

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:38 am

if you ever have any questions... google knows the answer :lol: :lol: http://4hprepairmanual.blogspot.de/ looks like the link to the manual is on the right of the page

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:44 am

Cheers , i seen that but i was hoping to get one with out paying..............no worries its only a few quid so ill get it, thanks for the reply...

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 am

I normally find that the service manuals have very limited information. For you issue I would start with a full clean of the fuel systems including the internals of the Carb. Get some new feul line and also carb jets. For the carb have a google around for the jet settings.. I normally find closing the jet completely and they opening 1 to 1 and a half tunrs jets them running right.