Any in the S.E. have a Raider 18 I can look at?

Discussion and advise about the purchase, care, maintenance and operation of boats

Moderators: JimC, jw

Any in the S.E. have a Raider 18 I can look at?

Postby ltdslipdiff » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi guys, long term lurker here. Me and the auld fella have decided to sell the Pilothouse 500 and get something a little lighter underfoot and with more deck space. Its kinda between the Raider 18 and a Warrior, I know there are huge followings behind each boat but I just love the look of the Raider and reports seem good. is there anyone on here that would be kind enough to show me around one? Nothing beats touching and feeling before you buy !
ltdslipdiff
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Any in the S.E. have a Raider 18 I can look at?

Postby MAC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:08 pm

I believe that Bellavista in Cobh still have a Raider 18 that you could hire for a day. They also have a Warrior 175, so you could go half a day on each boat. Would be a great way of comparing both side by side.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Re: Any in the S.E. have a Raider 18 I can look at?

Postby JimC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Missed this post - Busy out fishing in my small boat last week :)
There seems to be a big difference between the Raider (UK built) and the Raider (Polish Built). The Bella Vista have a Raider 18 cuddy. Was it cuddy or Fisherman you were thinking of?
When you say lighter underfoot what do you mean? A warrior 175 hull weighs in at 800kg a 165 at 560kg while a Quicksilver Pilothouse 500 is listed as 685kg, a Raider 18 Fisherman 631kg...
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Return to Boat Maintenance, Equipment & Tips