marine tex putty

Sun May 19, 2013 1:52 pm

hi all just wondering if anyone here has used this or know where to get it here in ireland or a simillar product and the same question about kiwigrip cheers

Re: marine tex putty

Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm

I would imagine the "plastic padding" range would have what you need and I would reckon International would have something in the antiskid department. I'd say checkout your local chandlers - CH Marine etc.

Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm

cheers jim all i can find in plastic padding is marine filler but its going to take a good few layers the marine putty looks like it was made for what i need cheers again

Mon May 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Jacko,

i just used Davids P40 Isopon fiberglass filler to round gaps and edges before i lay reinforcing fiberglass in the hull of my boat. It has fibers running through it and is rock hard in about 30 mins. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/store ... yId_212459
Not sure what you are using it for but if its a fiberglass surface this may be a good alternative.

Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 am

cheers bassytom sounds something like what i need its for the keel which by the looks of it took a good fewslaps over the years and now theres a good few chunks taken out of it. I found marine tex putty on a us site but cant find it here even though its made in shannon i rang them and was told its not available on irish market? and shipping from us is around 40/50 bucks for a 25/30 dollar tin so trying to find similliar product here or uk cheers for reply jacko

Wed May 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Glad that was of use to you Jacko. The shipping from the states is a killer alright. if you need any tips on anything fiberglass check out my link to West Systems Guide, here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43040 world of info in there on fiberglass repair.

Good luck with the keel repair.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 pm

cheers again for that bassy tom im going to need all the luck i can get

Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 am

You could use west system epoxy 205 & 105 mixed with one of it's fillers maybe 403 microfibers you can mix this to what ever thickness you need and is very strong when set.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm

hi fergal managed to get something simillar to what i looking for and the fibreglass cloth you recomenend just need the hands to work it now cheers