Suzuki DF70 Pilot Hole

Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm

The engine felt a little bit sluggish on Sunday, when I got back to the berth and connected the hose to flush the engine I noticed that very little water was coming out off the Pilot Hole, the presure from the hose was ok so could the Pilot Hole be blocked?
would a blocked Pilot Hole cause the engine to run badly? would running the engine this way cause any damage?

Re: Suzuki DF70 Pilot Hole

Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

mean the pee hole ?? You could have a small blockage, but normally this will not cause the engine to perform badly. You can try clearing it with some heavy mono. If the engine was running a bit sluggish I would be looking at other causes.

Re: Suzuki DF70 Pilot Hole

Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 pm

as MAC says it could be blocked but wouldn't effect it's performance as the pee hole is only an indicator to show you that water is circulating around the block. Running with bad water pressure is bad and can cause an overheat condition if the engine isn't getting enough water to cool down.. I'd drop the leg and check the impeller (water pump) to see if it is ok and not cracked or broken in places, I'd also cehck the thermostat to see if it's not blocked up too.