Chart plotter problem

Sun May 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Anyone tell me where I’m going wrong please,

I bought a new C/MAP for my Simrad cp33 chart plotter, its for the cork area but when I put it into the plotter it didn’t come up,

I previously had a C/map in it for the west coast and it worked fine but after I put the south coast map in it just shows the basic built in map and tracks from the west coast,

I went into the menu and did a test, in menu it tells me that the cmap for the south is in and offers to do a test… I do the test and still nothing shows except the last area I was fishing from (west coast)

Any idea what I should do next.

Again in anticipation of your help I thank you

Re: Chart plotter problem

Sun May 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Have you tried switching it off and switching it back on again?

/IT Support.

Sun May 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Tanglerat wrote:Have you tried switching it off and switching it back on again?

/IT Support.

Hi Tangle

Yes I gave it a go in Aghada and thought the reason it didn't work was that I didn't give it time to locate so I turned it off and tried it while I was moored at Cobh but still no joy,

it just popped into my head that maybe all that's needed would be for me to move the map that's on screen down to the south and zoom to the cork area,

would you say that this s a possible way to sort it :?:

Sun May 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Nah, we've reached the limits of my tech knowledge now.....! Worth a try though.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Normally you can zoom in on a area in a map for greater detail, even if your not in that area. Sometimes you need to zoom in a bit for the detail to show. I've noticed this in my camp on a standard horizon cp500 plotter.

Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am

Tanglerat wrote:Nah, we've reached the limits of my tech knowledge now.....! Worth a try though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know how you feel thank you for the input man, anything is worth a try 8)

MAC wrote:Normally you can zoom in on a area in a map for greater detail, even if your not in that area.

Hi Mac

It just shows the worldwide built in base map and its showing Doonbeg area which now has me thinking that the unit might not be getting a signal from the antenna,

Even without the c/map it should have shown the area I was in at the time of powering up, it will be a week or so before I get down to try clean or replace the fitting on the antenna cable,

I can only hope that its as simple as cleaning the fitting to get things up and running.. it has been 7 - 8 months since I last used it and the fitting has been exposed to the damp air,

I will be sure to let ye know how it pans out, cheers

Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Sounds strange. You would think that you would be able to zoom in regardless of position. The fact that the unit is saying the right card is fitted makes it more strange again. As you say, try cleaning terminals etc.