Windscreen

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Just purchased this fine vessel ,(microplas) I'm planning on doing her up. In time for summer ,should I use Perspex or would I be better off with polycarbonate ? Can anyone recommend a supplier of plastic sheeting in Dublin with reasonable prices?,or if anyone has a piece lying around ill be glad to buy it off ye ,but as this boat refit will be done on a shoestring budget free or really cheap would be great
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366151736.495523.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Windscreen

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

poly carbonate is actually the best option but the most pricy!
I used perspex on a previous boat a few years ago and it was fine, although I realised I would need to replace it in about 5-10 years. because of that I used plastic bolts to secure it.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:17 am

I would think polycarbonate would be better than perspex. There is at least one crowd in Cork that have it (Blarney Trading).

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 am

Poly it is then,would 3 or 4 mm be strong enough ? Cheers for replies

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 am

Warrior use 4mm. I would say that 3mm would be plenty strong on small windows. Whichever you can get the handiest I'd say.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm

That's grand at least the cheapest poly is strong enough,ill shop around so and see what I find thanks again for replies

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 pm

How ya eoghan,
Well wear on the boat,Im on duty saturday and ill inquire here in galway for you and see if anyone is carrying polycar and ill give you a buzz.

John Ainsworth'

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 am

Cheers John that would be great if you come across anything,did ye get the plans in the post?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Ya eoghan i got them thanks,dont know when ill get around to doing something with them,things very tight at work,by next week ill have 3 dutys done in a week.

John A.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

That's the joys of it ,roll on twenty one!