First day **ck up

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Lads
Just heading out fishing in the boat for first time this season when the trailer axle snapped in the middle. Completely rotten. I need a new( or second hand) axle suspension tyres etc. I dont think there's any chance of using much from the broken one as its in bad shape. nearly 20 year old.

Where would I get an axle + suspension in Cork, Clonakilty, bandon, area. Trailer is for a 16' boat single axle.

thanks

Re: First day **ck up

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Maybe start your search with Brownlows and Spillane trailers.
Have a look at Done Deal as well. Check the Boats and Boat Extras sections. A second hand trailer might be an option.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 pm

there's a few trailers on adverts ie at the moment

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Try Parnell trailers, Limerick they stock all parts for boat trailers including full replacement axles with suspensions, etc. Check online first and you will see what they stock.

Re: First day **ck up - sorted

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks lads for the info.
Tried a few of your suggestions and also the north.
I finally got sorted. I got 2 new suspension units ( includes bearings, hubs) rated for 750kg from Bradleys in Athlone. They matched my unusual tyres and had them in stock. Very easy to deal with. I also got plates to bolt them on to. Cost €160 delivered to the door. Then welded a new cross bar to the trailer and welded the plates to this. Suspension units then just bolted on to the plates.Then painted the whole lot and job done. As soon as the weather improves we should be back on the road and fishing. Hopefully they will last as long as the original axle which was 18 years old. They should be simple to replace as well just undo bolts and put the new unit on.

Thanks again for the info.