Trailer hub removal

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Can anybody tell me how to get this Hub off, this hub seems to be rubbing on the brake pads.. It sometimes sticks on so last night I took the wheel off and turned the hub around and it felt as if there is dirt between the pads and hub lining,
It has me worried because I think this could cause the hub to overheat on long trips, this hub is on a “roller coaster 5”

Is this a sealed bearing ?

There is a little round spring clip thingy with 2 holes that I think should be removed first but I don’t want to remove it till I know more about the set up, I was expecting to see a crown type nut here for the removal of the hub, but I suppose that would have made it too easy

I just want to get it off and clean or replace anything that may cause problems on the road,

Cheers

[img]
Hub%20034%20sm.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Trailer hub removal

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Mann. PMs sent.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Hugo wrote:Hi Mann. PMs sent.
Hugo you sent me a pm that i think must have been intended for Mann, you might want to check you sent it to him :wink:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Sent it to me too by mistake

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:30 pm

and me!

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Tom H wrote:and me!
not sure but this might be something to do with it,

Sent To: mann Registered users

Does this mean everyone Registered got it :shock: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Me too. :D :D

Yappo

Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 pm

JOHN1 wrote:

Yip everyone has got it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:29 am

Just as well you dont get charged per message sent, cos over 4,500 poeople got it haha

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 am

Good post . I'm going to save it in case I ever get a trailer :lol:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 am

janie tyler wrote:
JOHN1 wrote:

Yip everyone has got it :lol: :lol: :lol:

i would suggest to anyone that got a pm from Hugo to send him a PM just to let him know you received it :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Dont know how that happened. And cant figure out how to repeat it so I can tell everybody to go back to sleep....

Mann, you might find when you get things stripped down, the grinding noises are coming from the brake shoes touching the drum The linings actually came off mine after a few dozen immersions, they appeared to be fixed on by adhesive on my trailer (6 years old).

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 pm

JOHN1 wrote:i would suggest to anyone that got a pm from Hugo to send him a PM just to let him know you received it :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

John man that would be sooo cruel dude :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugo wrote:
Mann, you might find when you get things stripped down, the grinding noises are coming from the brake shoes touching the drum The linings actually came off mine after a few dozen immersions, they appeared to be fixed on by adhesive on my trailer (6 years old).

Hi Hugo,

Yes I think you could be right, as I turned the hub it felt as if there was dirt between the pads and hub but as you say it could the pads lifting,

Thanks again for the link, I’m sure that the 5000 or so people and I really enjoyed the read, I know it has helped me to find out the workings and has gave me a few good tips,

To be honest when I first took off the plastic cover from the bearing protector and didn’t see the castle nut that I expected to be in view I was lost, said to meself :roll: “I may as well be looking up a Ducks ar$#”

I have come to the conclusion that if I hadn’t this site to fall back on when I need help Boating would be a much more expensive hobby for me,

Cheers 8)

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 am

JOHN1 wrote:i would suggest to anyone that got a pm from Hugo to send him a PM just to let him know you received it :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

I contacted Admin to find out what happened, as I only addressed the PM to Mann. Here's the reply I got:

jd wrote:
Hugo wrote:Hi. It seems I accidentally sent a PM re the above to everybody on the site instead of the one member it was intended for. Now I'm drowning in puzzled replies, but I cant see how to repeat the trick so as to tell everyone to ignore the PM. Help? Cheers. Hugo

It's a permissions glitch that is now fixed. Sorry about that :oops: :oops:

So John1, any replies i get from now on, I'll forward them to you to deal with :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am

Hugo wrote:Dont know how that happened. And cant figure out how to repeat it so I can tell everybody to go back to sleep....

You were in a usergroup that had permissions set to be able to send PMs to other groups of users. You must have inadvertently selected "Registered Users" as a recipient. All sorted now :).