Boat identification

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi, can you help me with identifying my boat please? Previous owner didn't know make and model, so I would like to find it out with your help.
There is few pictures of boat
I'll be happy, if somebody can help with this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Boat identification

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 pm

They look similar, I just have cutted off part of cuddy, for more room for anglers, but those two boats looks the same.... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 am

Its definately a shetland which type i'm not sure but if you look up the shetland website you can make a judgement. the cuddy has been shortend on it to make more space on the deck.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

herefishyfishy wrote:Its definately a shetland which type i'm not sure but if you look up the shetland website you can make a judgement. the cuddy has been shortend on it to make more space on the deck.

Ok, if it's shetland I'll find the type of the boat. Thanks :)
Last edited by avanakeks on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am

Look at that http://www.findafishingboat.com/mayland/DB31574
Probably it's mayland

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 pm

I own a Shetland boat (Family 4) All shetland boats have a gull wing shaped hull
so it couldn't be a shetland boat. It is a Mayland boat :wink:
Last edited by kissafish on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 pm

avanakeks wrote:Look at that http://www.findafishingboat.com/mayland/DB31574
Probably it's mayland

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Ok then, but still can't find model... Maybe boat is too old and it's hard to find it. I checked all websites in Ireland and England - nothing, I send sms to people who are selling those boats, but they don't know either. Unfortenately, can't contact him .. http://www.findafishingboat.com/mayland/DB31574, have no contact details :?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

herefishyfishy wrote:Its definately a shetland which type i'm not sure but if you look up the shetland website you can make a judgement. the cuddy has been shortend on it to make more space on the deck.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Sorry my web or site connection must be wired up :evil:
I was trying to say that - I stand corrected :!: Shetland boats didn't all have a gull wing hull. (Alaska 500 & 600)

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 am

Ok, I just want to know approximate weight of the boat. 600-700 kg?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Im sure its a mayland boat, but its similar to the shetland alaska 500 that has a displacement of 450kg.
Check www.shetlandowners.co.uk and look at the boat spec section.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 pm

looks like This website is not working any more 8)

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Try googling shetland boat owners club :wink:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Already did this before 8) I even can't find mayland's official website, ok just keep this topic alive in case somebody knows the exact model of the boat.
Thanks.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi did you find out the make ? looks like a Teel to me But Mayland did one similar but the side windows ate not correct on yours.

Cheers
George M