sub zero damage to fishfinder

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 am

My garmin 100 B&W fishfinder spec said its ok down to - 15. Had a look over the boat after the last big freeze and the LCD on the fishfinder is sorry lookin.Wont make that mistake again. Its now where it should have been, all cosy in the warmth of the hotpress. Some say it may recover. Anybody out there have any hope for it or should I start savin for a new one? Good excuse to buy the 400C colour one maybe.

Re: sub zero damage to fishfinder

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 am

Ouch!
There's no doubt these units are built to survive extremes however we had temperatures like never before. The extremes that happen under a boat cover can be even worse.
As you say it might come back in the hot press, keep an eye on it. Saving sounds like a good idea though.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Same thing happened to a someone I knows laptop. You can get replacement screens for them. Worth a look to see if you can do the same for your fish finder.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:21 pm

There is a happy ending to this post. Just tried the fishfinder back in boat after a week of TLC in the hotpress. The LCD is back working fine again. Happy days . (gonna have to come up with a better excuse to get a new colour one )

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm

you could try hitting it with a hammer :lol: then you can get the colour one :twisted: