boat trailer

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Anyone know where I can get a second hand trailer for an 18ft cathedral hull, really need one before the end of October as boat needs to come out of the water then.

Re: boat trailer

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

You tried Donedeal? There were a few on there a while back.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:You tried Donedeal? There were a few on there a while back.

yes - keeping an eye on it already thanks, actually rang one advertiser couple of weeks ago,he said he had one and all I needed to do was send him measurements - measured the boat sent him the details-he said he'd call me - didn't hear anything for a week so rang him up only for him to say he'd sold it already!

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:38 pm

If your going to look at a second hand trailer be careful as there are a lot of un-roadworthy trailers out there. I have seen some badly rusted examples of late.
Look out for seized hubs,worn bearings,rust around the hitch or seized suspension. The frame of the trailer is normally galvanised but the axle & all the bolts are only anodised .
Hope this helps.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:25 pm

clinton marine wrote:If your going to look at a second hand trailer be careful as there are a lot of un-roadworthy trailers out there. I have seen some badly rusted examples of late.
Look out for seized hubs,worn bearings,rust around the hitch or seized suspension. The frame of the trailer is normally galvanised but the axle & all the bolts are only anodised .
Hope this helps.

I'll watch for that, cheers