Hi Folks.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi to all the good fold of www.Sea Angling Ireland. Michael Clinton here, some of you might know me from powerboat.ie . I have been receiving some info on serious problems with Ethanol based fuel and marine engines.
Here is a link that might help.
I will post more as I get the details.
http://www.evinrude-parts.com/boat_etha ... ution.html
Looking forward to being able to give some engine/boat/trailer advise.

Re: Hi Folks.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 pm

How are you michael nice to see you on sai 8)
catch you later :wink:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

this has been posted already two posts down?????????????????

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Thank`s John.
@Twinkle. Your spot on there buddy ,sorry about that but I was talking to a colleague today and it seems the ethanol ratios are gone from 10% to 50% and it`s even eating the tanks and fuel lines. I have seen so many carbs and injection units with water damage and couldn`t for the life of me figure where the water was coming from. I have seen badly damaged idle jets and scored piston`s and rings.
Gaskets and rubber seals are dissolving as well.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:09 am

what garages are selling petrol with 50%ethenol? that makes no sense. cars are not designed to run on alcohol dont mind marine engines.im aware all oil companies use additives to there petrol under fancy names designed to clean your engine parts and give better performance. but at even 10 percent ethenol, this absorbs moisture in marine tanks very quickly.
i witnessed stans boat been brought in from cahore and the amount of water in the seperater was huge i was slagging him asking what ratio of water to petrol did he use.id say he got a large dose of this additive in his petrol.all these garages are useing ether based chemicals to mix there petrols you just have to be careful what you put in your boat.by the way ethanol is also used in all alcoholic beverages its a pure alcohol.wont be long before you will be buying poitin at the pumps :lol: