Is a fuel pump an expensive job ?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying a boat. I have an offer of one with a motor that needs a fuel pump. I've never had anything to do with boats or motors before and I don't know if this is a big job or not ?

Any advice appreciated.

Re: Is a fuel pump an expensive job ?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Cant help you directly sorry, but maybe if you post the make/model/age of the engine some of the lads may step in and comment.

My own concern would be that if you are buying the engine not running, is it just gonna be the fuel pump or could there be further repairs needed :?:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Good advice there. If you've no experience of boats/engines, find somebody local who has, and who can look over things with you even if you have to pay them a few quid. If you're any way doubtful, walk away - there's no such thing as being too careful when dealing with the sea.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks guys. I'm going to give it a miss.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

Is there a boat dealer in your area? If so he might have something to interest you at a good price, loads of people are offloading boats this year because of recession, jobs etc etc. my local guy has a good few in and knows of more who would like to sell. For your first boat, I really would recommend getting something thats vouched for professionally.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

I suppose you spotted this already?:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27379

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:55 am

Hugo wrote:I suppose you spotted this already?:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27379

I hadn't but it's too expensive for me. I'm in no rush and so I'm just going to wait until something suitable comes along.

Thanks