Grease for trailers parts

Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Lads, do you use ordinary grease or would you bother with marine grease for jockey wheels, moving parts etc. on your trailer?

Pete

Re: Grease for trailers parts

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 pm

i would use marine grease the trailer would be entering the salt water and for that reason i go for marine grade

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm

for bearing and such I would use Marine grease. For the jockey wheel and such normal grease would be fine, but I use Marine grease myself.... fecking salt water. Cleaning the hubs at the moment.

Kev

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:02 am

Cheers lads, was curious. Mac you'll have to tow up to us in northwest next summer for a few runs to the wrecks :wink:

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Will do Pete.... I wouldn't mind a Porgie as well. :wink:

Just striping the hubs and brakes at the moment and giving them a clean. No need for new shoes just yet, but I have a spare set anyway. Bowden cables were sticking a little so I will be replacing these as well...... I tow with a car, so the aul brakes have to be 100%

I'll have a very interesting follow up to my "Wurth" spray on grease thread in a few days. I just need a little time to pull it together.

Kev

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 pm

MAC wrote:Will do Pete.... I wouldn't mind a Porgie as well. :wink:

Just striping the hubs and brakes at the moment and giving them a clean. No need for new shoes just yet, but I have a spare set anyway. Bowden cables were sticking a little so I will be replacing these as well...... I tow with a car, so the aul brakes have to be 100%

I'll have a very interesting follow up to my "Wurth" spray on grease thread in a few days. I just need a little time to pull it together.

Kev

Was just about to ask how the spray performed Kev, will look out for that one :!: those stainless cables are worth having for the bit extra :wink:

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Spray done really well Sean, I will post up some pics of the sprayed backplate v's the non sprayed.... very interesting. I will be going over to the store for some more in the next few days. Wurth AL1100 if you come across it. Send me a PM if you want some and I'll post it down.

Kev

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 pm

MAC wrote:Spray done really well Sean, I will post up some pics of the sprayed backplate v's the non sprayed.... very interesting. I will be going over to the store for some more in the next few days. Wurth AL1100 if you come across it. Send me a PM if you want some and I'll post it down.

Kev

Cheers Kev, I'll try some motor factors roundabout to see if they keep it, sounds less messy than the blue grease job :!: