Boat Cover

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm

I was thinking of buying a cover to protect the deck space of my Pilot15 (15ft Boat)
Its about the same shape as the seahog with an enclosed cabin.
The boat is stored outside all year, So it needs some type of protection from falling leaves from trees ect.
Thanks Buddies. :D

Re: Boat Cover

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Richard Marshall in Cobh does great well designed custom covers at a reasonable rate. email richard@covers4sail.com. Tel: +353 (0)21 4815560 web: http://www.covers4sail.com

regards,
Phil

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm

would a tarp be better to stop uv damages to windows and gel coat

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Its a good idea to get one custom made that will clip on in the right places. There's a place in CorkCity too on Forge Hill across from Dwyers Electrical, beside the Rib centre that does them. If you just get a tarp or canvass and throw it over it will wear the gel coat where it rubs as it moves in the wind.
While we're on the subject can the guy in Cobh do canopies with zippers and transparent panels?

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:51 pm

He does but you're getting into fairly tasty prices... 1250 yoyo's for a bimini, 2500 for a full cockpit enclosure. Mind you, after yesterday's budget, I'd say everything is negotiable!

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi Lads.
Thanks for the info-
Priced covers from a few companies, And it works out too expensive to have one tailored made. :(
Invested my hard earned cash in a Chartplotter instead.
8)

Sat May 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi kissafish you should try Sam Hoods in wales i got one for my fastliner there lately from them very good value, sorry i dont have a link for you but if you google it you will get it

Tom...

Sat May 02, 2009 9:57 pm

www.samhoods.com this is there website, I got a tonneu cover for my fastliner 19 and it was £195