12v input output adaptor

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:51 pm

i got one of the above to fit to the boat thought it would be a good idea for the likes of a 12v cooler box or a mobile ph charger etc.
what yiz think?
also lidl have one of these 12v cooler boxes this thursday for 60 quid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:57 am

Not keen on draining battery whilst fishing.

Always charge my mobile before going out to sea. My mobile is considered as my back up to my VHF.

I use an ordinary cool box and when going to sea, put a bottle of frozen water inside. This keeps fish fresh on the warmest of long days.

FWIIW

P

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:10 am

Have to agree with Peter here Brian. Those cool boxes will drain your battery fairly quickly. I wouldn't bother with one of these unless you had a dual battery setup.

I bought a decent large cool box. Freeze down some old water bottles and your sorted for a days fishing.

Kev

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:47 pm

i have a dual batt set up its handy id recommend it. I'll install it anyway it might come in handy.

regards

brian

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 pm

With a dual set-up, you should have no hassles at all. Like you say, could come in handy. I'd double check the power drain on the cool boxes though. They might make short work of a fully charged battery......

Kev

Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:39 pm

will do kev, sound

bru

Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:33 pm

No Hassle Brian.

I'm still learning my way around the boat fishing, but luckily, I'm fairly handy with DC power. About the only thing I can give advie on at the moment :lol:

Kev