Wurth HHS 2000

Wed May 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I think a few people gave this stuff a go some time ago. Seems like the business for Trailers, break hubs and springs, break cables and all sorts of stuff. You spray it on, in it's liquid form. The liquid evaporates to leave a sticky film that is waterproof.

Anyone tried it before :?:
Here is a data sheet on the product http://www.wurth.co.uk/catalogue/pdfs/UK-CD_06_0615.pdf

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated. I have found a supplier and was thinking of treating the exposed and dunked trailer parts to a coating.

Kevin

grease

Wed May 07, 2008 1:13 pm

Have tried it, I use it on reel handles and it seems to last. Don’t know if it would last the pace around the brake springs etc. We have already greased up our mechanism with “std” grease. It seems to be good stuff for hitches and rollers etc. Some of the wurth stuff isn’t the cheapest so make sure to shop around!

Wed May 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Have heard that it's expensive stuff alright. They seem to rave about it on the biking, Karting and performance car scene. I was thinking that it might be good to put a coating on the back of the break hubs and on some of the cables and springs that do not move too much. Will find out how much it will set me back first :wink:

Kev

Thu May 08, 2008 6:21 am

Steering on my boat jammed solid couple of years ago, got this stuff and have never looked back it's brilliant. :lol: Can't remember price but still have original can so will not brake the bank.

Yappo

Thu May 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Cheers for the info guys,

I'm going to pick up a couple of cans and try in on the trailer axle and hubs and such. I will also give the steering arm a coating. Can't hurt. :)

Kev