raising transom

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Anyone any info on raising the transom on my boat,

I need to raise it up a few inches

Do i youse marine ply glued together with two-pack polyurethane glue for the core bolted from under the engine well and wrapped with alloy checkor plate, with angle alloy on top?

any info would be great

thanks
Anto

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 pm

hi toenyo whats the reason for this :?:

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 pm

i have a long shaft engine and my transoms to low my shaft is 20" so my transom needs to be about the same

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:53 pm

ye sounds good with the ply but i couldn't really give you much advice on this situation, maybe Jim from cork might point you in the right direction.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 pm

you could cover the ply with fiber glass
and then sandwich with you checker plate.

if your stuck for a bit of plate give me a shout i might be able to get hold of some.

fresh oily water :lol: :lol: :lol:

any help would be great!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi lads,

lads at the end of last year my boat went under in a harbour, in very strange circumstances, when i got the boat out there where no signs of damage and the water that was in the boat was not able to get out!!!, she is in a tidal harbour so my guess is that the mooring ropes snagged something, there is a river that runs into the harbour and on the day in question i spotted the bow of a tree semi submerged and close to my boat. Anyway to cut to the chase, the boat had the transom raised slightly and it was a very good job, stainless plate and ply, however the guy from the insurance said that it made the boat un-seaworthy!!!! my boat was left to me last year by my late father so as you can understand its a sore subject with me, any help would be appreciated, i can email pics to you if that would help, thanks a lot... my boat is on her trailor and the insurance company are not helping me, the crank shaft went in my new mariner 60 big foot engine at a price of E3500, and the hull needs some gell coat but its not bad, the future is not that bright- any advice is good advice. cheers

Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Sounds like you need a good Loss Assessor. You know, like the Loss Adjuster that works for the Insurance Companies to minimise their payouts on claims, but who works for you to maximise your payout.

Anyone know a good Loss Adjuster for thr Marine Sector?
Or try Google, the whole world can be found on that.

But deffo try something, sounds like your Insurance Co are chancing their arms.....

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:38 pm

yo anto, if ye need plate jus let me no how much ye need and ill sort it 4 ye. :D :D :D