Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 am

brianbru wrote:hi jw does the whitewater be on the marina in poolbeg?

Hi Brian, I think JW is away at the moment.

She was in Malahide last year, but I think JW might have had her in poolbeg at some stage.

Kev

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 am

SeanP wrote:filled the old holes with the plastic padding gelcoat repair

Hey Sean,

Gelcoat repair, what type / brand do you use. I will be moving the VHF from the consolse to the roof and might need to fill a couple of holes.

Is the Transducer working well for you now?

Kev

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm

sound kev there was one on the marina about a year and a half ago i haven't been down there since then maybe its different boat.

thanks kev

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:18 pm

MAC wrote:Hey Sean,

Gelcoat repair, what type / brand do you use. I will be moving the VHF from the consolse to the roof and might need to fill a couple of holes.

Is the Transducer working well for you now?

Kev

It's made by plastic padding, think I got it from Landers in Tralee, it's fine for holes up to 5mm, not sure about bigger, don't fill it to proud and then you need to rub it down with something like 800 wet & dry, then ideally some 1200, then a final polish with farecla g3 compound, great stuff is that, did the whole topside of the boat the other week, looks like new again now, took the scratches out of the windows as well.

As for the transducer, it's ok, sometimes it loses signal when sending on, still messing with setting's to be honest, if it's set to dual frequency in say 35' it can disappear at 20knts, set it to 200khz and it's ok and as for spotting fish not much joy there as well, might try a better transducer at some stage, it's a garmin 520c