anchor light

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi.
I'm searching for an all round anchor light for my boat.
I've seen them on English mainland based shops on the Internet Mag's.
Its a all round light on a 25" adjustable pole.
Plus a fluorescent strip light to act as a deck light (12v)
But the postage they are charging is a rip off !!
Any Ideas :?:

Lighting

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Mainland :?: :shock:
Is that style lamp listed on marine parts direct?
http://www.marineparts.ie/index.php?categoryID=251

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Mainland :!: :evil:

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Mainland? What, that other bigger island over East of us, before you come to mainland Europe? :D :D

Let's not stray into politics lads, geography does me head in bad enough. :)

anchor light

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks - Jim from cork :)
I did found what i was after on the link to marine parts ie
A Golden ship all round light (64cm)
But they haven't a price on the web page, so i will contact them :D

Please check my post "The dirty fecker" :? I said ENGLISH MAINLAND, Meaning England + Wales. They have A,B,+C postbands, A Is England + Wales, - B is Scotland, + C is Channel Islands/Isle of man + Ireland, The postage costs for the light i was after was more than the price of the light. :shock:
I can send a package to England,Scotland ,Wales Or anywhere in Ireland for the same price. (unless it was a large item) So why can't they :?: :evil:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :D lighten up guys :D theres nothing wrong with a little playful ribbing :lol:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:09 pm

[quote="The Dirty Fecker"]:lol: :lol: :D lighten up guys :D theres nothing wrong with a little playful ribbing :lol: I know it was a bit of banter mate :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
But you have to agree that those Rip off merchants on that Bigger Island over east of us, Really get our blood boiling :evil:
I bought a spare spool for my reel last year, and i was charged 3 quid postage, But when it arrived, The post mark on it was 75 pence. :? :? :x

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:44 pm

not defending the obvious rip off merchants that do exist(both sides of Irish sea) but there is more than just stamp costs to consider,also packaging especially if it is fragile...I would personally rather pay bit more for expensive piece of kit if it means it is well protected and arrives in on piece. Time also has to be considered...why a lot of us buy online..the seller has to get off his ass and travel to P.O. to post it.....but no doubt there are rip off merchants...haggle - I find there can be movement on costs