Lose of revs

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Folks,

Was out for a spin in the Seahog yesterday. At one point as we were speeding along, the engine lost power and we only had low revs. I cut the engine and restarted and she was fine. This happened a few weeks ago as well. The engine is a Suzuki DT55 2 stroke direct injection.

Defo was not a closed fuel valve on the fuel tank as it was well open both times.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Trev

Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm

People will think I'm taking the mickie here....... :shock: but have you tried a blast of WD40 around the engine's innards? :idea:

Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:41 pm

you might of sucked up a small drop of water from the fuel tank.

have a look inside you might see little droplets on bottom of tank it could be caused from condensation forming if tank was left for a long time half empty.
hope this helps.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:53 pm

Cheers for the advice lads, A friend also said that there may be a hairline crack on the fuel connector that is letting some air in as well or a worn 'O' ring somewhere.

Cheers,
Trev

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:32 am

My guess would be a a drop of water or some gummed fuel, Any Petrol left for a long time can start to "gum" This normally isn't a problem during the summer when boats are in use more often. Just make sure your fuel isn't stored outside in sunlight where condensation can be an issue.....

You might also have had a small particle of dirt in your fuel.....

Kev

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Cheers Lads,

The engine has behaved perfectly since. Hopefully it was just a bit of dirt or some water like you lads said.

Cheers,
Trev