Idle speed adjustment.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:21 am

Got a Honda 15hp 4 stroke engine (2/3 years old) on the back of my Longliner. I just want to increase the idle speed on it a small bit as it doesnt sit at tick over too well. Popped the lid off and had a nosey and was somewhat mystified..... :D Well used to poking around old 2 strokes but this is a different kettle of fish altogether. If anyone has one or I suppose any of the recent small Honda engines that could advise, preferably with a pic, I'd appreciate it.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Give her a quick squirt of WD40, that'll sort out any problems on any outboard......... :D

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Good man Gerry.... :lol:

Anyone else, preferably with something NOT WD40 related.....

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:39 pm

It was just the idle speed setting that was a little low Conor, it wasn't quite where I expected to find it but I found it after a poke around and half a turn later engine is running (touch wood) as sweet as.... No lumpy idling or ten minutes warm up required before setting off. Problem solved and not a bottle of WD40 or cable ties in sight.... :D Cant get over how economical that little Honda is. You wont break any speed records with top speed around 10 knots on the Orkney with 2 aboard but it burns absolutely nothing. Did 12 miles at the weekend on €5 of unleaded....

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:35 pm

Glad you got sorted Pete..... Honda do tent to hide things a bit. That's great fuel economy BTW, good to see your getting out a bit.

Kev