need advice

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi all,
I got an orkney fastliner there lately and i want to take out the seat that goes across the boat so i can make up two seat boxes for storage and to fit two seats on top of them aswell, any ideas how i would fix them to the floor of the boat like could i screew or glue thanks in advance, tom

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi Tom,
I had a Fastliner 19 for a good few years, took me ages to find the right design of seat/storage, eventually came up with these, they were superb, held loads of gear in and kept it bone dry, comfy to fish from as well, should have kept some drawings/dimensions really, if you want i could may be get in touch with the guy who bought it and ask him to do a few measurements if you like.
Sean,

[img]http://www.seanpalmer.hostinguk.com/other/fastlinerseats.jpg[/img]

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:09 pm

HI sean thanks for the advice it looks the job alright, but i was thinking of fixing the box flush to the floor or would that be possible or a bad idea,
tom.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Better off with it floating like that really because there can be quite a bit of movement in the floor going through a chop.
Holds plenty in at that height anyway without going right down, nice and easy to clean down, no problems with water leaking in from below, best of all easier to make a square box than one to fit :lol:
Sean,