Fishing on the north coast at Fuerteventura

Post reports and questions about fishing abroad here...

Moderators: Tanglerat, MAC, pete

Fishing on the north coast at Fuerteventura

Postby Paul Harris » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 pm

heading off to the north coast of Fuerteventura for two weeks in October and wondered if anyone can give me any help on good marks, species, bait etc. All information gratefully received.
Taking over spinning and beach gear and all the usual bits and pieces but is there anything specifically I need. Staying at Majanicho first week and near Corralejo second week but have car so can travel.
Live out on the beautiful Beara Peninsula. Always willing to assist visiting anglers.
Paul Harris
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 70 times

Re: Fishing on the north coast at Fuerteventura

Postby kieran » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:53 pm

I have distant memories of watching the locals fish for parrot fish and small wrasse off the back of the rocks at Corralejo harbour some years ago - bait was a Jar full of small crabs that could be bought in the supermarket. Some slightly better fish came off the pier, especially at night - think some people tried spinning for small tuna as well, not with much success. Can't remember much else - holiday was destroyed by a massive and I mean biblical invasion of flying ants. Never went back for some reason. Nothing worse than trying to blow the ants off your dinner and finding them landing on the fork... in mid air. Think that was October so you are safe!!! ;0)
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Paul Harris » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks for that Kieran. Don't fancy the invasion of flying ants but as you say that was in October and I am going in errrrr October - bugger.
Live out on the beautiful Beara Peninsula. Always willing to assist visiting anglers.
Paul Harris
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby kieran » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:35 pm

If its any consolation, they apparently came in from Africa on unseasonal winds during a rainy period, best of luck!
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Postcards from Afar and Holiday Snappers