lanzarote licence

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Lads

Any advice on the need to get a fishing licence in lanzarote? Seems to be a bit of hassle to get one over there.

I've gone to get fishing licences in Spain before only to be told by officials not to bother for tourists and just to stay away from crowded areas and harbours that are off limits. Is it the same in lanzarote?

Re: lanzarote licence

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 pm

there might be something here: http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/con ... -lanzarote

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks Donal - that's what I thought that they're relaxed about the licence in general if you keep to yourself.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Yep, I have done a fair bit of spinning out here. I have never had a licence. I use a travel rod and break it down when travelling to and from fishing!

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks Jim , any success with the spinning? I read a lot of about float fishing there.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:19 am

Yes and no! I wouldn't say I gave it any huge time. I had some lizard fish and I had a bass one morning. The bass was unreal... an escapee from a fish farm that used be up the coast from Puerto del Carmen. I was fishing on the right hand side of the harbour mouth at PDC.
I had a small barracuda on a deep diving plug mid way out the breakwater at PDC... You'll see that you can only go so far out on the outside. Early morning was best for me.