UAE - Abu Dhabi

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:20 am

Was visiting my father over Christmas. We decided to give a spot called Raha Beach a bash. The goverment have built new break waters into ocean about 150 yards out and about 300 yards apart. We were fishing off the end of one of these. Bait was sardine and wasn't lasting long in the water with all the small fish. I got a couple of nice bites one cutting the trace about 4 inches above the hook. :shock: Reckon it was a Kingfish or Barracuda. My dad hooked a nice Leapord Ray in the last hour.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/mcclean2k/SAI/raymond.jpg[/img]

Beautiful looking fish and the put up a nice scrap.

Tight Lines,

Kev

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:38 am

I don't know kev that looks like the East pier, Dun Laoghaire :lol: :lol: , just kidding, thats a super looking Ray!!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:22 pm

Interesting fish. Some tail on it. I need a few of those to push up my competition scores. Just a pity they're not native to North Donegal. :lol:

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:17 pm

They put up some scrap Robert.... They are a super looking fish alright. They have a nasty spine about 6 inches up the tail but other than that they are ok.

Kev

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:04 pm

its maybe just a stinger with a longer tail wearing leopard print underwear!! :roll: :lol:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:30 pm

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: