Carnac, Southern brittany

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Anyone any recommendations for spinning near Carnac Plage?

Anyone fish the lake beside the La Grande Métairie camp site?

Re: Carnac, Southern brittany

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 pm

I haven't fished it but I've walked around the lake its full of carp, saw plenty of 20 lb plus fish landed I didnt see anyone spinning, I had a spinning rod with me but didnt have it in the car that day,
i asked a few of the anglers who were all English they told me they never tried, there had to have been pike in the lake.

Im assuming you are referring to the lake near the thousands of standing stones.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 pm

I was there a couple of year ago for a week and I went to a lake to have a look but not sure if it was the right one. All I know is the camp site sells passes for this lake. I'll have the old mike ladle travel spinning rod with me.

Thanks for the info.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Donagh wrote:I was there a couple of year ago for a week and I went to a lake to have a look but not sure if it was the right one. All I know is the camp site sells passes for this lake. I'll have the old mike ladle travel spinning rod with me.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like the same lake most of the anglers were staying in the camp site , enjoy the trip, don't forget to post some pics when you get back, tight lines