Possible Norway holiday 2015, Sandland Brygge

Post reports and questions about fishing abroad here...

Moderators: Tanglerat, MAC, pete

Possible Norway holiday 2015, Sandland Brygge

Postby alanbuch2013 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi guys, I am new to the site, my name is Alan Buchanan, and I am the Angling Recorder of the Mariner Sea Angling Club in Belfast. We have run 3 successful trips to Furoy Fishing Camp in Norway in recent years and wish to try a new venue, Sandland Brygge, near Alta, in early June, 2015. I have seen some articles on this site regarding the venue, and the fishing looks out of this world. However, the only drawback is the awkwardness of the place to get to. We have come up with a package of flights and transfers which should make the journey a lot less of a hassle.
The way we will go is by flying on a Thursday from Dublin to Oslo, Oslo to Alta, and then a private boat will take us on from Alta to the venue, the boat journey would take approx. 2 hours. The boat would return early the following Thursday for us to catch our flight from Alta at 07.00 to Oslo. Unfortunately on the return journey we would not make the only daily flight from Oslo to Dublin, and so we would need to return home via Gatwick, and on to Belfast or Dublin.
This mode of transport would prevent the need to stop over in Oslo or Alta, and you could travel from home to the venue all on the same day, and likewise on the return trip. The catch is that the boat transfer costs a lot, and costs the same amount whether 10 or 30 people travel. It would make a lot of sense therefore if we shared this boat transfer with other parties, who may want to sample the fishing in Sandland Brygge, and we would bring the cost down. If anyone thinks they or their club would be interested feel free to contact me, either through this blog, or through our club website, marinerseaangling.co.uk, I look forward to hearing from you.
alanbuch2013
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Possible Norway holiday 2015, Sandland Brygge

Postby dan belfast » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:59 pm

nice to see you up and running mate if
MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB
dan belfast
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Postby Al and Jordan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 am

nice one alan. i can't wait for this one even thow it's a few years away yet :D
one of the lads has a report up from 2011 when the camp first opened. looks class 8)
Al and Jordan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 415 times

Postby alanbuch2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Yes Al, it certainly does, looks as if we would be guaranteed really good fishing here, hopefully we will get the minimum number of 12 to go for the discount offered by the site owner, and another group to share the boat transfer cost, which is rather expensive for one group to pay : )
alanbuch2013
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Al and Jordan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm

there was a few of our mates from the site who approached me about a trip to norway after our last trip alan. they are up for it and the cash is'nt a problem. do you want me to ask them about this one to see if they would be interested?
Al and Jordan
SAI Megalodon!

Postby alanbuch2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Absolutely, the more the merrier , I think the site has about 7 or 8 boats, if I can fill the transfer boat it makes it all the cheaper for us all. Obviously it would mean they would have to organise their own group for booking flights, It becomes a nightmare to get flight money etc. when a group gets too large, but I'm sure I would be able to negotiate the same discount for our extended party. The owner is a chap called Steinar and is being very flexible with me regarding dates, I have asked him to quote me for 12 anglers, 3 boats, but I'm sure he would be delighted at getting extra bookings. If you get good interest, I will get flight numbers and times and inform you of all the details.
alanbuch2013
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Al and Jordan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:20 am

no probs, i'll give you a shout over the weekend man. :)
Al and Jordan
SAI Megalodon!

Return to Postcards from Afar and Holiday Snappers