Lanzarote fishing...

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Yes lads,
Herself and myself are off to lanzarote in 2 weeks and I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences of heading out on the charters?...I've been to Tenerife and fuerteventura before but never did the fishing because of lack of time but I intend to try it this time round.

Am I right in sayin that there is permits needed for rock fishing etc?..

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!..

Cheers!

Re: Lanzarote fishing...

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I have fish in a charter out of Lanzarote about 10 years ago with a charter organised by Tino. He even collected my kids and me in our hotel. W got fish and my son landed a nice tuna of about 15lb on a spinning rod. He operates out of Puerta del Carmen.

You need a licence and here are the details....got this from another forum.

. Excuse any Spanish spelling mistakes, I'm no expert.

You now have to go to the Hacienda first. Directions are quite easy.
Next to the Arricefe Gran Hotel (Tallest building in Lanzarotte, you can see it from miles away) is an underground carpark and it's best to park there and not drive around for ages.
At the far end of the carpark from the hotel (about 100 yards), is a roundabout. If you stand on the pavement next to the carpark, facing the roundabout you will see a yellow building on the left corner on the other side of the road. This is the Hacienda.
Inside on the right there is an obvious cash desk with glass windows. They do not speak English so I suggest you write a note to take with you, stating - "Yoh quiero pagar para un 'Solicitud De Licencia De Pesca De Recreo', Expedida (first), Clase 3a". Show your passport and pay 14.38 Euros. He will give you a receipt.
This covers 2 rods for shore fishing, valid three years.
You now go to the 'Cabildo' which is a very big yellowish building with white trim round the windows. Stands out like a sore thumb, it's on the right off the main road driving into Arecife from Puerto Del Carmen. It's just at the begining of Arecife, kind of near the Arricefe Gran Hotel, that's the skyscraper hotel (worth a trip to the bar at the top of the hotel). From the Hacienda, just walk back past the Gran Hotel and continue along the sea front until you get to Cabildo.
In the front entrance of the Cabildo, there is a reception desk in the entrance hall and the licence office is just to the left beyond it. They will produce the licence application form.
Complete as follows -
1 - Apellido is Surname
2 - ignore
Nombre - is your First names
Fech. Nacimiento is Date of Birth
D.N.I. No. is Passport number (If they ask for your D.N.I. number [ID] say "No existante en Engletera, solo pasaporte")
con domicilio en la calle is your street name.....no is street number
Municipio is town or city
Cod postal is Post Code
Provincia is County but add UK
Ignore Numero de Telefono
Tick Expedida
Tick Clase 3a
Ignore all other boxes
Sign and date at the bottom

He will now take you across the hall to another office. You need a 'turn number' from the dispensor. Wait for your number to come up above you.
At the desk, he will enter all details on the computer and give you back a copy of your application and your receipt.
The licence takes 2 or 3 months to come through but your receipt is your licence in the meantime.

They do know that this licence is valid anywhere in Spain.

If you get stuck, you can ring Jill at Red Tape Consulting and she will do it all for you but she will charge 30 Euros extra to the licence fees.
You can download a pdf of the form to print here - http://www2.gobiernodecanarias.org/a.../solicitud.pdf

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I have fish in a charter out of Lanzarote about 10 years ago with a charter organised by Tino. He even collected my kids and me in our hotel. W got fish and my son landed a nice tuna of about 15lb on a spinning rod. He operates out of Puerta del Carmen.

You need a licence and here are the details....got this from another forum.

. Excuse any Spanish spelling mistakes, I'm no expert.

Next to the Arricefe Gran Hotel (Tallest building in Lanzarotte, you can see it from miles away) is an underground carpark and it's best to park there and not drive around for ages.
At the far end of the carpark from the hotel (about 100 yards), is a roundabout. If you stand on the pavement next to the carpark, facing the roundabout you will see a yellow building on the left corner on the other side of the road. This is the Hacienda.
Inside on the right there is an obvious cash desk with glass windows. They do not speak English so I suggest you write a note to take with you, stating - "Yoh quiero pagar para un 'Solicitud De Licencia De Pesca De Recreo', Expedida (first), Clase 3a". Show your passport and pay 14.38 Euros. He will give you a receipt.
You now go to the 'Cabildo' which is a very big yellowish building with white trim round the windows. Stands out like a sore thumb, it's on the right off the main road driving into Arecife from Puerto Del Carmen. It's just at the begining of Arecife, kind of near the Arricefe Gran Hotel, that's the skyscraper hotel (worth a trip to the bar at the top of the hotel). From the Hacienda, just walk back past the Gran Hotel and continue along the sea front until you get to Cabildo.
In the front entrance of the Cabildo, there is a reception desk in the entrance hall and the licence office is just to the left beyond it. They will produce the licence application form.
Complete as follows -
1 - Apellido is Surname
2 - ignore
D.N.I. No. is Passport number (If they ask for your D.N.I. number [ID] say "No existante en Engletera, solo pasaporte")
Cod postal is Post Code
Tick Expedida
Tick Clase 3a
Ignore all other boxes

He will now take you across the hall to another office. You need a 'turn number' from the dispensor. Wait for your number to come up above you.
At the desk, he will enter all details on the computer and give you back a copy of your application and your receipt.
The licence takes 2 or 3 months to come through but your receipt is your licence in the meantime.

They do know that this licence is valid anywhere in Spain.

If you get stuck, you can ring Jill at Red Tape Consulting and she will do it all for you but she will charge 30 Euros extra to the licence fees.
You can download a pdf of the form to print here - http://www2.gobiernodecanarias.org/a.../solicitud.pdf

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm

This:

Complete as follows -
1 - Apellido is Surname
2 - ignore
Cod postal is Post Code
Tick Expedida
Tick Clase 3a
Ignore all other boxes

is a magnificent argument AGAINST having sea angling licenced.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Don't think I'll bother!!!...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:05 pm

If you go out in a charter boat you won't be asked for a licence.

I have fished several places without a licence but you never know.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm

mackfish wrote:Don't think I'll bother!!!...

was in costa teguise a few weeks ago for 2weeks fished every day for a couple of hours no licence :)
fished on tino garcia boat about 8 years ago same thing picked up at hotel and dropped off at hotel and was lucky enough to catch a blue merlin :D that was the only fish caught while trolling ,think we left from calero